An effective Financial Due Diligence exercise is the cornerstone of a successful merger & acquisition deal between a prospective buyer and a seller willing to carry out an arm’s length deal throwing up a win-win situation for both. A robust Financial Due Diligence is even more necessary in today’s business environment to critically assess the health and hygiene of the target entity to drive a proper valuation acceptable to both the constituents.
This book will equip you with the knowledge, practical tools and techniques you need to enable you to conduct an effective financial due diligence. It also discusses aspects of corporate restructuring including the possible impact of the ongoing pandemic on the target organization.
Key Features :-
- A curtain raiser on corporate restructuring.
- Impact of the ongoing pandemic on the financial due diligence exercise on the target organization.
- Broad commentary on the due diligence approach with broad emphasis on financial due diligence.
- The seller side approach to financial due diligence and the pitfalls leading to proverbial black hole of valuation.
- Deep dive into the buyer side approach to financial due diligence.
- Financial modelling as an important tool use for financial due diligence.
- Financial statement analysis and use of financial ratios with illustrations to support the conclusions of financial due diligence.
- Various methods used in Business Valuation with illustrations.
- Risk Analysis and Management as an integral part of financial due diligence exercise.
- Distress Analysis of target entities.
- Illustrations and case studies picked up from practical experience of the author.
- Contains a questionnaire for guideline on how to carry out a financial due diligence exercise.