The exigency and eminence of appeals in the litigation sphere, has grown over the years. The author has made an attempt to overcome the need of young professionals who wants to equip themselves with the appellate side of the tax practice, by making the appeal look less daunting. The Book provides the necessary guidance in the area of how to go about appeals at the levels of first and second appeals in direct taxes. It also includes discussion on the procedural aspects of the appeal.
The book has been divided into two parts, wherein Part A includes commentary on Appeals under the Income Tax act, 1961. And Part B contains Practice Manual. The author have included all the relevant amendments proposed by the Finance Bill, 2016 and notifications, circulars, press release and other departmental release as on date while exegesis. References to the latest and landmark judgments have been provided with relevant paragraphs. Reproduction of the legislation for ready reference of readers has also been made at the relevant places.
- Comprehensive coverage on appeals before CIT(Appeals) and Tribunal
- Drafts of certain important communication necessary in Appeals
- Case studies addressing practical challenges faced during Appeals
- Tips on drafting grounds of Appeal
- Relevant case laws with discussion
- Discussion on the Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme, 2016 proposed by the Finance Bill, 2016
- Exegesis of the amendments proposed by the Finance Bill, 2016 accentuated