This work aims to provide a fresh examination of the critical position of directors in the light of codification of those duties, explaining the role as trustees, officers of the company, as agents, employees and the main organ of the •company within the company statute. The work discusses the various aspects of the role of the directors and their discretionary powers, fiduciary duties including those as trustees. The judicial decisions in India and abroad do embroider them in a broad canvas.
Key Features :
• Powers of directors—discussed
• Corporate criminal liability—focused
• Fiduciary duties & liabilities—re-thinking of
• Moral turpitude of director—effect of
• Companies Bill 2012—explained
• Lifting the corporate veil—highlighted