This book is an exhaustive commentary on aspects related to environmental law divided into two-volumes. It is the most comprehensive and an exhaustive title on the laws related to pollution control and environment protection in India.
- This two-volume work deals with various aspects of Environmental and Pollution Laws in India.
- Divided into 22 Chapters, the work discusses all important topics such as Air Pollution, Water Pollution, Noise Pollution, Nuclear Pollution, Marine Pollution and Light Pollution.
- Three new Chapters have been added in this edition on :
– National Green Tribunal
– Genetically Modified Organisms, and
– Marine Pollution
- New topics such as De-Reservation, Diversion of Forest Land, Compensatory Afforestation, Sustainable Development, Doctrine of Margin of Appreciation, Non Forest Activities, Wood Based Industries, Environment Compensation Charge, Spent Fuel Management have been discussed in detail.
- All important judgments delivered by the Supreme Court, National Green Tribunal and various High Courts have been incorporated.
- Select judgments from other jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom and European Union have also been included.
- It also contains analysis of important conventions such as:
– International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973.
– Nairobi Wreck Removal Convention, 2007.
– BASEL Convention on the Control of Trans-boundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal.
– Convention on Biological Diversity.
– The International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage-2001.
- All important Acts and Rules have been included in the form of Appendices.