This book seeks to provide readers with a practical insight into provisions of FEMA and associated laws in the form of commentary. General focus of exchange control laws has gradually shifted over time to compliance, reporting and documentation. Given that FEMA provides for significant penalty and prosecution; there is little room for non-compliance. This book is an attempt to provide professionals and compliance officers with essential knowledge and tools to understand and undertake the necessary compliances.
The book provides the latest position without compromising on changes in the law that have taken place over time. This book is an attempt to equip professionals, be it CS, CA, CMA or corporate lawyers, who are desirous of undertaking compliances or practicing on exchange control laws with requisite knowledge and expertise. It seeks to be a practical guide to interpretation and compliances under exchange control laws.
The book promises to be the go-to resource for exchange control laws for current and would be professionals and compliance officers.
- Extensive coverage of FEMA and its allied rules and regulations with Commentary.
- Explanation of complex concepts in a lucid manner using illustrations and examples so as to provide clarity and better understanding of the law.
- Diagrammatic and tabular representation of various concepts for simple and quick understanding.
- Provides pertinent answers to issues not explicitly defined by law but clarified through practice or interpretation of regulators.
- Comprehensive coverage of:
(i) FEMA & Allied Acts:
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976
- Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973
- Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act, 1974
- Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act, 1976
(ii) Rules and Regulations issued under FEMA Act, 1999
(iv) FAQs issued by Reserve Bank of India
(v) Press Notes
(vi) Notifications issued under FEMA
(vii) AP DIR Circulars
(viii) Master Directions