- Includes drafts of letters to tax payers.
- Contains detailed internal evaluation questionnaire.
- Samples of walk through, audit plan, tables for trend and ratio analysis.
- Details of verification work in the office before audit and during audit.
- Covers latest case laws relating to audit and GST issues.
- Contains guidance on ‘How to read financial reports?’
- Discussion of relevant Accounting Standards.
About the Book:
This book supplements and expands the concepts, guidelines, principles, details and working methods in the GST Audit Manual published by the government wherever it was felt that there is a need.
This book is divided into 12 chapters as follows:
Chapter 1: Overview of GST Law
Chapter 2: Objectives, principles and statutory provisions of department audit
Chapter 3: Selection of taxpayers for audit
Chapter 4: Preliminary work – Before allocation of audit
Chapter 5: Preparation for audit with the help of available and collected data and desk review
Chapter 6: Audit verification – conduct of audit
Chapter 7: Audit report and follow up
Chapter 8: How to Read Financial Reports/Statements
Chapter 9: Relevant Accounting Standards for the purpose of auditors
Chapter 10: Important decisions relevant for audit
Chapter 11: Common errors
Chapter 12: Modus operandi of frauds and detection of GST frauds