The commentary well-known for its exhaustive coverage on the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 has been developed factoring in all the key developments on the subject. The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 has brought in large scale changes that have brought clarity on many aspects which were previously part of judicial interpretation.
• The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015 has been elucidated with commentaries and case law, while the flow of the history of the law literature has been retained as it is.
• Topics like cause of arbitration v. cause of action, PIL principles, scope of public policy, anti-arbitration injunction, reconciling conflict positions on exclusive jurisdiction clauses and section 42, Indian position under section 11, etc. have been explained in detail.
• Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), which constitute the dispute resolution alternative by arbitration, have been explained, particularly for the advantage of the business community.
• UNCITRAL Notes, Comments and Explanations of Model Law have been presented along with the sections of the Act to which they pertain.
• Contains full commentary on international commercial arbitrations and enforcement of foreign awards based on international case reports.