This book will equip professionals with necessary knowledge tools to practice in NCLT/NCLAT, acting as their non-verbal guide. Whether it is oppression and mismanagement cases or winding up/liquidation matters, mergers/de-mergers, or class actions or an insolvency case, this book helps find answers to most practical problems. For a new practitioner, this book provides the necessary hand-holding to understanding the law, practice and procedure for dealing with various types of cases in NCLT/NCLAT. For professionals already practicing corporate laws, this book will prove to be invaluable in analysing the evolution of the insolvency code, understanding applicability of old case laws, resolving transitional issues arising out of transfer/abatement of existing cases, incisive analysis of new legal provisions and detailed comparison with the 1956 Act.
Key Features :-
- Covers discussion on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC) and related Rules and Regulations, with commentary thereof w.r.t. corporate persons.
- Includes case digest of Supreme Court, NCLAT and NCLT under IBC and Companies Act, 2018.
- Incorporates the impact of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017, Companies (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 and IBC (Amendment) Act, 2018, IBC (Second Amendment) Act, 2018.
- Commentary on all areas of practice including mergers & amalgamation, oppression and mismanagement, winding up, class action & investigation.
- Explores new areas of practice for chartered accountants, company secretaries, cost accountants and corporate lawyers.
- Detailed comparison of provisions of 1956 Act with 2013 Act.
- Ready reference table containing summary of all the powers of NCLT.
- Includes updated NCLT and NCLAT Rules.