The Benami Property Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988 was amended in 2016 and the amended Act came into force from 1 -11 -2016. This Amendment Act of 2016 has made various changes to the Act of 1988. These changes are for establishing the authorities to implement the Act and the provisions enabling them to enforce the Act.
This book gives a comprehensive picture of the law relating to prohibition of Benami transactions. It compares the powers of the authorities under the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016 and the Income-tax Act, 1961 and gives the similarities and variations under both the legislations in respect of powers of various authorities.
All relevant Acts, Rules, Forms, Notifications issued under the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act are made a part of the book to make it an all-encompassing reference material.
- Extensive discussion on evolution of Benami Law in India.
- Analysis of salient features of Benami Law.
- Comprehensive analysis of the definitions of important terms.
- Discussion on authorities and their powers under the Act.
- Detailed commentary on procedure to be followed by each Authority.
- Specifies the time limits prescribed for taking action.
- Covers comparison of powers under this Act and the Income Tax Act.
- Includes the relevant Acts, Rules and Notifications issued by the Central Government.