S M Dugar’s Guide to Competition Act, 2002 is a detailed section-wise commentary on the Competition Act, 2002, which has been extensively revised to incorporate the legislative and case law developments since the last edition (May, 2016). References to law in other jurisdictions such as European Union and Australia have been incorporated for a holistic view on the subject. The book discusses in detail the provisions dealing with Anti-competitive agreements; Prohibition of certain agreements; Abuse of dominant position; Regulation of Combinations; Establishment, composition, powers, duties and functions of the Competition Commission of India; Competition Advocacy, etc.
- This edition captures all judicial and legislative developments, thus ensuring currency of content. Examples of amendments bought in by the Finance Act, 2017:
– Expansion of definition of ‘Appellate Tribunal’ under section. 2(ba)
– Establishment and composition of a Competition Appellate Tribunal
– Qualification, vacancies, resignation of members of the Appellate Tribunal
- The commentary includes the twin judgements – Excel Crop. Care Ltd Vs Competition Commission of India and Competition Commission of India Vs Co-ordination Committee of Artists and Technicians of W.B. Film and Television, Where the Supreme Court has brought clarity as to interpretation of concepts like ‘relevant turnover’, ‘collusive bidding’, ‘enterprise’ etc. and discussed the scope of jurisdiction of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) under section 26(1).