Key Features :
- Thematic commentary on the areas of software copyright, software patent and software licensing laws.
- Discusses the various forms of legal and contractual protection available against software rights infringement.
- Examines the influence of international laws on the evolving jurisprudence in India.
- Analyses relevant Indian and International Case Law.
- Explains the concepts of free and open licensing, copyleft. enforceability of e-contracts including shrink-wrap and browse-wrap agreements.
Examines relative provisions of Information Technology Act, 2000; Indian Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; and India Contract Act, 1872.