• First published in 1916, this section wise commentary on the law of evidence enjoys the reputation of being one of the most authoritative publications on the subject.
• It adopts an integrated approach and the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 are referred to wherever necessary for better understanding of the complex legal issues.
• Technical rules of evidence have been illustrated and explained in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner.
• This edition has been extensively and meticulously revised taking into account the changes brought about by recent legislative amendments as well as judgments of higher courts.
• Latest and notable cases of the Supreme Court as well as various High Courts have been incorporated.
• This edition will be an invaluable reference for judges, lawyers, judicial and police training academies (national and state), police departments, CBI officials, researchers and scholars.