A comprehensive overview of the conflicts between internet domain names and trade marks. The present work also covers the aspect of Cybersquatting, the global efforts to combat it which paved the way for the enactment of a user-friendly dispute resolution procedure, the American legislation on Cybersquatting, the situation in U.K. and India, the introduction of new domain names like info and the abusive registration and use of other identifiers in the domain name system.
- Trade mark-domain name interface & Cybersquatting
- ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
- Domain name disputes featuring leading companies
- The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act 1999, USA
- Abuse of other identifiers in the Domain Name System